Dr Pamela Houghton provides a continuing education program that provides the advanced training necessary to identify, design, and modify Estim treatments to stimulate healing. This program includes a number of differently designed courses that meet the needs of a many regulated health care professionals working in the wound care field (eg. PT, RN, MD, DCh, OT). These education programs range in duration from1 to 2 days and provide information at various levels of knowledge. The courses are delivered using a variety of formats including in-class seminars, hands-on workshops, and/or online self-learning modules.
Educational Course Objectives
- identify people who are most likely to respond to Estim,
- rule out medical conditions and situations that contraindicate the use of Esitm
- appreciate and manage risks associated with Estim use in the treatment of open chronic wounds of known etiologies
- apply Estim to wound and periulcer skin to produce even and effective current density that is safe & effective
- design a customized Estm treatment program that fits with patients and caregivers needs & preferences
- recognize good and undesirable responses to Estim and modify the treatment plan accordingly.
Sample of Course Syllabus: ESTIM for Chronic Wounds of Known Etiology:
Click here for a schedule of upcoming courses
Click here if you are interested in attending one of the upcoming courses about ESTIM and other advanced therapies and wound care best practices.
Not seeing a course near you? Please Click Here To Request A Workshop In Your Area.